10199 - Accounts Payable Coordinator
Sunday | July 25, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the Administration of the Accounts Payable function to meet facility needs, as well as the management and maintenance of the Accounts Payable sub-ledger within the Finance Department Financial Reporting System. The Accounting Coordinator also acts as a liaison with facility vendors, maintains vendor records, and is responsible for vendor tax reporting compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Reviews and verifies invoices and accompanying purchase requests to ensure compliance with company policies for proper authorization, matching of applicable purchase orders or service contracts, checks accuracy and reasonableness of the accounting coding and recording month and identifies applicable ASM Global tax reporting requirements.
- Creates supplier records in the financial reporting system, obtains the required vendor tax reporting forms and maintains accounting system A/P sub-ledger vendor records.
- Prepares invoice batches, inputs into the Accounts Payable module of the Financial Reporting System and ensures payments are processed in a timely manner to meet deadlines and due dates.
- Responds to inquiries from Suppliers and Clients regarding the status of their payments, also provides advice regarding company policies and procedures relating to accounts payable.
- Seeks clarification from payment processing Submitters when warranted, maintains logs of the flow of purchase requisitions through the Finance Department.
- Maintains Accounts Payable Files and Coordinates Audit inquiries for Accounts Payable related functions.
- Maintains Master Vendor List, coordinates and prepares Vendor and Subcontractor year-end 1099 reporting.
- Obtains Vendor Credit Memo's where required, reconciles vendor monthly statements, and resolves account balance differences.
- Reviews and processes employee expense reimbursements, ensures invoices and the accompanying payment requests are complete.
- Prepares weekly voucher payments, obtains staff accountant approval for cash disbursement batch, obtains authorized payment approvals, distributes and mails processed payments.
- Resolves A/P sub-ledger and check processing problems with Financial Reporting software contract support.
- Implements new Accounts Payable and A/P related Financial Reporting System processes.
- Makes necessary corrections to payables, inputs necessary A/P and disbursement adjustments into the Accounts Payable sub-ledger.
- Undertakes specifically assigned projects relating to Accounts Payable and provides summaries, reports, and recommendations.
- Ascertains that purchasing and receiving documents are properly completed and terms and conditions of purchases are appropriate.
- Assures that Accounts Payable and Disbursement records are maintained, and distributions of disbursements are followed-up or expedited when required.
- Responsible for the maintenance and operation of automated A/P batch import purchasing function of the Food and Beverage Inventory Management System.
- Responsible for reporting the Positive Pay to the banking system daily.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Carries out any temporarily assigned supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM Global's policies and applicable laws. This would include training any new hires, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree in business related field preferred.
- Two (2) to Three (3) years of Accounts Payable experience required.
- Experience in a public assembly facility preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- A strong communicator: Be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written format to management and staff, as well as to all types of clients.
- Organized, able to prioritize, and have strong time management skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Manual dexterity - Regularly required to use hands, to finger, handle or feel. Operate office equipment such as a computer.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl to access inventory.
- May spend long hours in sitting.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal office environment
- Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
- Operate standard office equipment including copier, typewriter and fax machine.
- Some experience accounting software.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Travel negligible.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Human Resources Manager: Darla Shaw
Paycom Center – Prairie Surf Studios
One Myriad Gardens, Oklahoma City, Ok. 73102
No Phone Calls
All applicants must apply online to be considered. Applicants needing reasonable accommodations to complete the application may contact the Human Resources Office at (405) 602-8516
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
IF YOU ARE EMPLOYED BY ASM GLOBAL, CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.