Full Time Security Guard - 10231
Sunday | July 25, 2021
Under general supervision, patrols assigned territory to protect patrons and property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stand guard during events. Tour post periodically to ensure safety of patrons, staff, vendors, participants and others on premises.
- Handle any disturbances or problems that arise during event or at the facility. If necessary, escort disruptive individual(s) to security office and/or off the premises.
- Write incident reports and meet with security supervisor to review procedures.
- Inspect alarms and fire extinguishers/sprinkler systems to ascertain they are set to operate. Inspect premises for signs of intrusion or tampering.
- Tour facility, examining doors, windows and gates to ensure they are secure.
- Assist with crowd control inside and outside of premises.
- Control unusual circumstances and events during fire, storms, riots and other emergencies.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations -- answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Assist departments, such as Box Office, when handling large sums of money.
- Act in a professional manner with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- When necessary, document all shipping and receiving.
- Keep record of all keys, radios and other facility equipment that are signed out.
- Has a neat, professional appearance and comes to work in complete and clean assigned uniform.
- Comes to work; is on time and completes shift assignments (including overtime, if needed)
- Be courteous, respectful and responsive to the general public, customers and Guards.
- Project positive and confident professional image.
- Customer Service to the highest level possible.
- Maintain the highest standards of business ethics
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned
This position has limited supervisory responsibilities. Carries out any temporarily assigned supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM’s policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Must be 18 years of age
- Prefer previous experience in a security role
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum kinds of knowledge, skills and abilities required to this job:
- Ability to communicate effectively and to prepare, maintain and analyze records and reports.
- Skill in: ability to work cooperatively with others; analytical skills; decision making skills; effective written, verbal, presentation and listening communication skills; effective negotiation and mediation skills.
- Ability to handle conflicts, make common sense decisions and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
- Knowledge of security and safety guidelines, and of laws and regulations that affect security policies, procedures, rules and operations
- Knowledge of security technology, CCTV, Door Access System and security project implementation
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Meet the physical requirements of this position
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- CLEET certification within six months of hire
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- May spend long hours in sitting, walking or standing.
- Occasionally lift/push/pull objects weighing up to 25 lbs. Rarely lift/push/pull objects weighting up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance
- Ability to operate security equipment.
- Manual dexterity - Regularly required to use hands, to finger, handle or feel to handle building keys and open doors.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl to access different parts of the building.
- Visual acuity – due to the possibility of spending long periods of time viewing security monitors
- May be exposed to moderate to extreme noise.
- Proficient computer skills including the ability to operate computers and security monitors
- Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Travel negligible
- Shifts vary – Required to work any shift needed (as scheduled)
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Human Resources Manager: Darla Shaw
Paycom Center – Prairie Surf Studios
One Myriad Gardens, Oklahoma City, Ok. 73102
No Phone Calls
All applicants must apply online to be considered. Applicants needing reasonable accommodations to complete the application may contact the Human Resources Administrative Assistant: Courtney Gaddis at (405) 602-8517.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.