10430 - Booking Manager
Sunday | July 25, 2021
Under general supervision of the Director of Programming, interact continuously with clients, promoters, artist's agents and artist's managers in efforts to solidify business for the facilities. Coordinate all aspects in the facility booking process in applicable markets and in compliance with contractual obligations to resident sports tenants. This position requires the knowledge of the live entertainment industry, current trends in the live entertainment industry, including current musical genres and demographics, ticketing, marketing, promotions, social media, and local market trends and demographics.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Establishes relationships with key touring industry professionals, including agents, managers, promoters and producers
- Manages event-booking calendar, including adding, editing and/or removing events and event holds, and responds to building availability requests in a timely manner
- Researches and prepares marketing data that supports the booking efforts for specific artists, shows and events
- Assists with the research development and execution of ASM Global -- produced special events
- Lead the creation and execution of the backstage experience for the artist and touring crew
- Prepares Use License Agreements and tracks contracts and event insurance certificates
- Maintain databases for current offers, contracts and venue calendars as well as all other information relating to the daily operations of the facilities
- Obtain information from various agencies on talent availability for events
- Distribute booking sheets and show related information to personnel
- Contact prospective promoters, agents, managers and individuals to initiate the sales effort
- Attend conferences/trade shows and generating new business through cold calling and leads generated by attending networking meetings
- Follow-up on leads generated by outside sources
- Compile bid and sales proposals for the facilities
- Provide information to potential licensees regarding Paycom Center policies and procedures, rental rates, space requirements and availability, catering services, available equipment, and labor
- Assists with booking and marketing related administrative duties as needed
- Assists in the solicitation of new event business for facilities
- Assists with public relations activities as needed
- Assists with promotions and special events with event promoters and Marketing Department
- Maintains, at all times, high standards, positive attitude, and professional appearance
- Assist in the preparation and design of facility brochures, pamphlets, advertisements and other promotional materials
- Provide Director of Programming with support, administrative and clerical duties as assigned
- Establish expansive network promoters, agents and managers (both Arena and artist) representatives.
- Attend departmental and staff meetings. Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with all of the other departments.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed. Perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and or Experience
- Bachelor's degree from accredited four-year college or university in marketing, public relations, business administration, public administration or related field preferred.
- One (1) year experience working directly with promoters, agents developing relationships within the industry allowing the company to grow business opportunities preferred.
- A combination of education and/or experience acceptable.
Knowledge Abilities and Skills
Position requires ability to:
- Ability to develop and analyze financial pro formas for events based on historical performance and current market conditions and recommend appropriate actions/changes in order to meet business goals.
- Demonstrate knowledge of principles, practices and terminology of public relations programs, advertising, marketing, social media, sales presentation techniques, public speaking and operations of tradeshow and conventions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles, practices, and terminology of the live entertainment industry.
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of marketing, sales, and public assembly management
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
Physical Requirements-- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
May spend long hours in walking, standing, or sitting while working.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Manual dexterity - Regularly required to use hands to handle or feel.
- Visual acuity for review of computer monitors, contractual agreements, etc.
Hours of the Week and Travel Requirements
- Occasional to Frequent Travel may be required.
- Work hours may vary -- Ability to work irregular hours during events if needed, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software, specifically proficiency in Microsoft Excel a plus.
- Operate standard office equipment including copier, typewriter and fax machine.
- Experience with ticketing and booking software preferred.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Human Resources Manager: Darla Shaw
Paycom Center – Prairie Surf Studios
One Myriad Gardens, Oklahoma City, Ok. 73102
No Phone Calls
All applicants must apply online to be considered. Applicants needing reasonable accommodations to complete the application may contact the Human Resources Office at (405) 602-8516
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.