Police Officer - 10614
Thursday | Dec. 16, 2021
SUMMARY: ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Police Officer. The Police Officer is responsible for ensuring the safety of patrons, staff, vendors and property. They are responsible for documenting any incidents when they take police action while working for ASM Global and on any ejections, disturbances, or problems that may arise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Enforce violations of city ordinances, state statutes and federal laws while working in an off-duty capacity on the premises.
- Perform security during events to ensure safety of patrons, staff, vendors, participants and others on premises
- Respond appropriately to any requests from building staff on disturbances
- Tour post regularly to assure safety of patrons, staff, vendors, participants, others and property left on premises
- Assist and handle any disturbances or problems that arise during events at either facility. If necessary, escort disruptive individual(s) to designated area and/or off the premises.
- If an ejection is made the necessary report are completed to document the incident.
- Assist with crowd control inside and outside the premises
- Assist with pedestrian and traffic control of patrons entering and exiting the premises
- Control unusual circumstances and events during fire, storms, civil disturbances and other emergencies
- Complete required reports and notifications in accordance with ASM Global's and OCPD's policies and procedures
This position has minimal supervisory responsibilities. In the event supervisory responsibilities are temporarily assigned, they must carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM Global's and OCPD's policies and procedures.
To perform this job, an individual must be a full time employee of the Oklahoma City Police Department and eligible to work off-duty in accordance with the Polices, Procedures and Rules of the OCPD.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE
- Currently employed as a full-time employee of the Oklahoma City Police Department
- Previous training on directing vehicle and pedestrian traffic
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to operate and effectively communicate on a radio
- Ability to handle conflicts, make common sense decisions and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations
- Effective negotiation and mediation skills
- Ability to work well with other staff members in the facility projecting a positive and professional image
- Professional appearance and comes to work in complete and clean OCPD uniform
- Strong customer service skills
- Maintain the highest standards of business ethics
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Constant standing and walking
- Manual dexterity consistently required to use hands, to finger, handle or feel building keys, open doors and use a radio
- Repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers
- Occasional climbing, crouching, stooping, bending, kneeling or balancing to access different parts of the building
- Visual acuity required to inspect authorized or unauthorized vehicles
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 15 pounds of force constantly to move objects
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current Oklahoma police officer
- None Required
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment. Must possess the stamina required to work long shifts with extended hours. Non-Event Day shifts required.
- Shifts vary -- Required to work any shift needed (as scheduled or determined by management)
- Ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- May be exposed to vibrations during events caused by extreme noise
- May be exposed to strobe lights/lasers during events
- Moderate to extreme exposure to noise during events
- This position may require working outside with exposure to extreme heat or weather conditions
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Human Resources Manager: Darla Shaw Paycom Center -- Prairie Surf Studios 100 W Reno, Oklahoma City, OK 73102 email@example.com
No Phone Calls
All applicants must apply online to be considered. Applicants needing reasonable accommodations to complete the application may contact the Human Resources Office at (405) 602-8516
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
IF YOU ARE EMPLOYED BY ASM CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.