Part Time Event Security - 9089
Wednesday | Aug. 4, 2021
SUMMARY -- ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, is looking for an energetic and friendly individual to fill a part-time Event Security role. Under the supervision of the Guest Relations and Event Security Managers, the primary focus of this individual is to ensure the safety of guests and secure restricted areas. This is a part-time position that is usually scheduled to work after normal business hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Accurately check all staff/guests bags as they enter the arena, using x-ray viewing equipment, to determine whether items contain objects that warrant further investigation, and set bags aside for searching or re-screening as indicated by equipment.
- Operate a walkthrough magnetometer to screen guests, employees and contractors entering the arena.
- Ensure guests feel welcomed by greeting guests to the arena in a friendly, professional manner.
- Verifies credentials to ensure control of access into restricted areas.
- Clean and disinfect high touch point surfaces with a cleaning cloth multiple times per shift, like x-ray equipment, ticket kiosks, handrails, and search tables.
- Assist guests in ticket scanning kiosks when needed.
- Responds immediately and professionally to guest disturbances/incidents.
- Secures the perimeter of ticketed areas.
- Arrives for shift on time, neatly groomed and in a clean, pressed well maintained uniform.
- Accurately and thoroughly complete incident reports when needed.
- Effectively diffuse potentially volatile situations.
- Works cooperatively with other departments and vendors within the arena.
- Interacts with guests in a polite and professional manner.
- Answers guests' questions in a knowledgeable, helpful and professional manner.
- Consistently and continually enforces facility policies and procedures relative to prohibited items, disruptive guests, etc.
- Monitor the crowd during all events.
- Provide assistance to guests during emergency situations such as sheltering in place and evacuations of the building.
- Performs other duties as required to the satisfaction of supervisors and management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Previous experience in guest relations or security; ideally in an arena or event setting preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving.
- Excellent verbal communication skills required with a thorough understanding of written and spoken English. Bilingual is a plus.
- Knowledge and skill in radio communication.
- Ability to listen effectively, take and execute directions as given.
- Ability to remain calm and focused during times of stress.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative to diffuse situations.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, co-workers, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- This position may require working outside with exposure to extreme heat or weather conditions
- Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time including walking long distances and stairs.
- May be exposed to moderate to extreme noise during events.
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- No certifications are required.
- For use of our scheduling system, the ability to access a computer with internet access is a plus.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Travel not applicable
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including, but not limited to days, nights, weekends and holidays. Overnight shifts are a plus.
- While all employees will be expected to be available for no less than 80% of all events, this does not guarantee any set number of hours. Employees will be expected to meet acceptable attendance standards for those events for which they are scheduled.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Human Resources Manager: Darla Shaw
Paycom Center – Prairie Surf Studios
One Myriad Gardens, Oklahoma City, Ok. 73102
No Phone Calls
All applicants must apply online to be considered. Applicants needing reasonable accommodations to complete the application may contact the Human Resources Office at (405) 602-8516.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
IF YOU ARE EMPLOYED BY ASM GLOBAL, CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.