Part Time Catering Attendant - R9108
Friday | Sep. 30, 2022
SUMMARY -- ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Catering Attendant. Under the direct supervision of the Catering Manager this position will perform various task such as assist in preparation, as well as, cleaning, assist with breakdown of tables and banquet equipment after each event, and attend pre-function meetings for briefing of event details. This position is responsible for providing a high quality catering service for banquets and receptions and to achieve customer satisfaction and retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Be at work and in proper uniform according to the scheduled time.
- Follow instructions for each event as given by the Catering Manager and/or Catering Captain.
- Assist with collecting all banquet equipment to include flatware, china, glassware, and serving pieces needed for each event.
- Assist with preparing garnishes, beverages, condiments, and breads.
- Assist with cleaning and filling salt and pepper containers, sugar dishes, creamers, etc.
- Assist with preparation and set-up of event room when necessary.
- Prepare tables with place settings as instructed by the Catering Manager and/or Catering Captain.
- Attend pre-function meeting for briefing of event details.
- Provide friendly and courteous customer service at all times.
- Remain at assigned station and perform duties as assigned according to each event.
- Report any customer concerns and/or complaints to Catering Captain or Catering Manager.
- Breakdown tables and banquet equipment after each event.
- Clean and return serving pieces to proper storage area.
- Adhere to strict grooming standards and policies of company.
- Perform other duties as assigned and deemed necessary.
This position has limited supervisory responsibilities for employees in the Food & Beverage department. Employees must carry out any temporarily assigned supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of one (1) year of work experience in customer service-oriented environment required
- Two (2) or more year's prior food service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of catering services and terminology
- Must have ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work.
- Must have a pleasant personality and a neat appearance.
- Must speak and understand English well enough to converse with customers, supervisors and employees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times.
- Strong knowledge of sanitary practices.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards.
- Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment.
- Ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks at same time.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong guest services skills
- Ability to get along well with others
- Ability to receive and carry out instructions in a timely manner
- Must be physically able to bend, stoop, walk up stairs and work from lifts, ladders for extended periods of time as needed.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Moderate to extreme exposure to noise during events.
- Daily lifting up to 50 lbs. multiple times a day.
- Eye-hand-foot coordination.
- Hearing sufficient to clearly hear voices, alarms, bells and horns.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Liquor license, PCI Compliance and others set forth by ASM-Global
- Minimal proficiency computer skills including the ability to operate standard office equipment such as computers, fax machines, phone, etc.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- This position requires the ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.Human Resources Manager: Darla Shaw Paycom Center – Prairie Surf Studios 100 West Reno, Oklahoma City, OK 73102 firstname.lastname@example.org
No Phone Calls
All applicants must apply online to be considered. Applicants needing reasonable accommodations to complete the application may contact the Human Resources Office at (405) 602-8516.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.