Restaurant Hostess - R10012262
Wednesday | Sep. 28, 2022
SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Restaurant Manager or Assistant Director of Premium Services, the Restaurant Host will set up seating rotation for all reservations, greets and seats guests upon arrival. Works closely with the front of the house staff to ensure needs are being met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.)
- To report for duty punctually, in full uniform according to appearance and grooming standards.
- To always promote and maintain a positive working relationship with all colleagues of ASM/ SAVOR…
- To follow all departmental policies, procedures and set service standards as outlined in the ASM Handbook.
- To consistently offer professional, friendly, and warm hospitality to all guests.
- To foster and practice teamwork and cooperation with all other positions existing in the restaurant.
- To attend all required training sessions and be aware of any changes to menus, restaurant and departmental policies and procedures, service standards as well as business trends and requirements.
- To have full and complete knowledge of the food and beverage menus including alcohol offerings. To know about menu items, ingredients, preparation methods and garnishes for all dishes.
- Greet and seat guests as they arrive
- They may answer immediate questions the guests have about the restaurant and arena
- The host also inspects and maintains the dining facilities.
- They may be required to spot clean problems and to help clear tables to facility guest needs.
- Communicates with the dining room personnel on guest needs to ensure they receive fast and quality service from the moment they arrive.
- Make sure entry doors are clean, free of debris and inviting.
- Keep an eye out that the dining room, entryway and server stations are kept clean throughout operations.
- Should a party have special needs or request accommodations, the Host will ensure the group's requirements are met. This may include services needed for small children, as well as for individuals with disabilities or food allergies.
- To perform all opening, side and closing duties as well as all daily and weekly duties to the set standards as outlined in a Job Task Checklist.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Six(6) months host experience in a restaurant is REQUIRED
- Strong orientation to guest service and ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Positive, guest service-oriented attitude at all times.
- Strong knowledge of sanitary practices.
- Knowledge of full-service restaurant operations & terminology.
- Promptness and efficiency of all actions.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards.
- Ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail.
- Must have ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work.
- Must have a pleasant personality and a neat appearance.
- Strong knowledge of sanitary practices.
- Must be able to communicate and connect with guests, colleagues, and supervisors
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS – The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Moderate to extreme exposure to noise during events.
- Daily lifting up to 50 lbs. multiple times a day.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Must have reliable transportation
- Shifts vary – Required to work any shift needed (as scheduled or determined by management)
- Ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.Human Resources Manager: Darla Shaw Paycom Center -- Prairie Surf Studios 100 W Reno, Oklahoma City, OK 73102 firstname.lastname@example.org
No Phone Calls
All applicants must apply online to be considered. Applicants needing reasonable accommodations to complete the application may contact the Human Resources Office at (405) 602-8516.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.