Audio Visual Tech - R10012562
Monday | July 11, 2022
SUMMARY - This position is responsible for the installation, maintenance and repairs of facility and client audio, video, and technical systems including lighting, sound, video, telephone systems, computer/data systems (internet) and radio and television broadcasts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Setup, monitor and maintain all technical/staging equipment in the facility in regards to but not limited to audio, video, presentation/show lighting, scoreboard operations, staging equipment, telecommunications (phone service, special circuits and network.)
- Provide installation, and repairs on services such as phone, network, cable feeds, audio and video being either event related or structural.
- Coordinates telephone systems provider’s services outside the facility with in-house requirements.
- Maintains applicable code requirements that apply to cable insulation, ceiling plenum routing and support, wall penetration and fire routing when conduit raceways are necessary.
- Solves routine and extraordinary field technical problems
- Correctly uses and applies test equipment to verify problems to the facility systems
- Works from blueprints and develops sketches or schematics when necessary
- Reads, understands and communicates client floor plan layouts.
- Supervises and assists outside contractors, stagehands, riggers, and production crews
- Maintains inventory of all audio, video, and telecommunications equipment.
- Provides internet connections with the direction and assistance of the IT department
- Coordinates work with all operations sections; interfaces effectively with all users, providers and peers.
- Working knowledge of RF cable signals and plants
- Knowledge of installation of patch bays, switchers, mixers and converters in both audio and video applications.
- Maintain/Services wide variety of Audio, Video, Lighting, Networking Systems including Vitec ITPV, IPC Centrix Phone, Crestron, Musco, ETC, Eaton Adflow, and VenueNext throughout the building.
- Maintains/ services servers, encoders, broadcast patching, digital signage, and multiple software.
- Able to install/ design/ service various projects as needed throughout the building.
- Responsible for IT tasks such as wiring, routing, installing, networking, at the hardware and/ or physical network throughout.
- Operating systems during events when needed or coverage is not available.
- Maintain/ service all building lighting systems and equipment.
- Responsible for all related equipment maintenance, repair, and inventory.
- Coordinates with and assists outside contractors, stage hands, riggers, and production crews in the absence of the supervisor.
- Performs event standby and troubleshoots technical problems in real time situations
- Ability to identify and terminate all forms of audio and video connections whether consumer, professional or broadcast level.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of signal flow for both audio and video applications.
- Working knowledge of wireless systems and frequencies
- Knowledge and understanding of digital vs. analog signals in both audio and video
- Operate forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts and company vehicles.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
This position has minimal supervisory responsibilities. In the event supervisory responsibilities are temporarily assigned, they must carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM’s policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- College or Technical School degree preferred
- 1-2 years of previous Audio/Video installation experience required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Good working knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Proficient computer skills including the ability to operate standard office equipment such as computers, fax machines, phone, etc.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Regularly required to use handheld radio to communicate with coworkers and Management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in soldering preferred
- Working knowledge of phone systems and cross connecting preferred
- Troubleshooting skills a plus
- Crestron or AMX programming knowledge a definite plus.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well in a team environment with or alone without direct supervision
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess the ability to follow written and or verbal instruction
- Networking skills a plus
- Maintains a safe working environment.
- Attends to and conforms to the policies established by ASM in the successful performance of this position.
- Must be physically able to climb and work from lifts, ladders, catwalks for long periods of time multiple times per day as needed.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Visual acuity to distinguish colors and color-coded wires
- Stooping for extended periods of time
- Hearing sufficient to clearly hear voices, alarms, bells and horns.
- Performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination.
- Repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers.
- Exerting up to 40 to 60 pounds of force occasionally, and /or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 100 pounds of force rarely.
- May be exposed to shock hazards while working with wires
- May be exposed to vibrations during events caused by extreme noise
- May be exposed to occasional to frequent noise during events
- May be exposed to strobe lights/lasers during events
- Moderate to extreme exposure to noise during events.
- This position may require working outside with exposure to extreme heat or weather conditions
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Travel negligible
- Shifts vary – Required to work any shift needed (as scheduled)
- Ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Human Resources Manager: Darla Shaw
Paycom Center – Prairie Surf Studios
One Myriad Gardens, Oklahoma City, Ok. 73102
No Phone Calls
All applicants must apply online to be considered. Applicants needing reasonable accommodations to complete the application may contact the Human Resources Office at (405) 602-8516
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.