Electrician - 13897
Monday | Apr. 18, 2022
SUMMARY: Under direct supervision of the Lead Electrician, engages in the construction, maintenance and repair of electric power lighting, communication systems, and equipment by performing the following duties. The focus of this position is on Prairie Surf Studio. If capacity allows, will also provide support to Paycom Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Performs work required for the repair, maintenance, installation, and modernization of electrical systems for buildings, equipment, and grounds, including lighting and ballasts.
- Performs work of a skilled variety demanding a high degree of manual and technical competency.
- Locates and determines electrical malfunctions using test equipment.
- Repairs malfunctions by such methods as replacing burned out elements, fuses, and replacing defective wiring, cleaning and repairing motors and associated equipment.
- Tests electrical equipment, such as, motors, heaters, and controls for safety and efficiency, using standard test equipment and by observing functions.
- Installs fixtures, wiring conduits, motors, and other electrical equipment.
- Inspects circuits for specified shielding and grounding.
- Replace faulty electrical components such as relays, switches, and motors.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
- Distributes and picks up power drops as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervisory responsibilities will be none to very limited.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or G.E.D and Trade school degree required. College degree preferred.
- 1-2 years as a licensed journeyman electrician.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to this job:
- Knowledge of national electrical codes.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required; ability to interact with all levels of staff including management.
- Ability to effectively supervise staff.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer service and effective communications with guests and employees.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and as a team member.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Journeyman Electrician License
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility, in particular electrical, plumbing, heating and air conditioning.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Manual dexterity -- Regularly required to use hands.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl to access electrical systems.
- May spend long hours in walking or standing.
- Heavy lifting up to 100lbs.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for inspection or electrical systems and electrical repairs.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- May be exposed to moderate to extreme noise.
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Exposed to high, precarious locations.
- Exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
- Operate standard office equipment including copier, typewriter and fax machine.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Travel negligible
- Requires ability to work extended and flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours.
- Subject to "call back" as needed.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Human Resources Manager: Darla Shaw
Paycom Center -- Prairie Surf Studios
One Myriad Gardens, Oklahoma City, Ok. 73102
No Phone Calls
All applicants must apply online to be considered. Applicants needing reasonable accommodations to complete the application may contact the Human Resources Office at (405) 602-8516
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.