Executive Support Specialist - 11635
Tuesday | Aug. 31, 2021
This position manages a variety of executive team support duties and projects, which will advance the strategies of the company. The specialist will also serve as an extension of the General Manager (GM) and provide support to the executive leadership. Responsible for collaborating with marketing, booking and the executive team to advance key initiatives as assigned. In addition, they will provide detailed and anticipatory administrative services for the General Manager that enhances administrative workflow and overall efficiency of the organization.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Duties
- Manage assigned executive team support duties and projects to advance the strategies of the company.
- Use applied techniques and unique resources to conduct industry analysis and execute projects.
- Resolve as many issues as possible and present unresolved issues to GM with detailed analysis for consideration.
- Provide high-level administrative support that involves drafting reports, scheduling meetings, planning business trips, answering phone calls, interacting with industry professionals, managing information requests, detailed note taking and transcription. Compose routine correspondence not requiring a supervisor's attention.
- Ability to execute all requests as instructed, appropriately remind executive teammate(s) of upcoming deadlines, and communicate upon task completion.
- Proactively, with minimal oversight, prioritize workload and setup executive teammate(s) for success.
- Interact directly with other venue leadership for deadline reporting and special tasks as assigned.
- Support GM's schedule by preparing reports prior to meetings, scheduling appointments and managing GM's daily calendar.
- Support artist/industry gift efforts.
- Assist the marketing teams with grassroots efforts in promotion and media relations.
- Assist with public relations activities for the venues and events, including setting up interviews, planning news conferences, scheduling speaking appearances for the General Manager, and identifying opportunities for media engagement.
- Track premium space activation and sales efforts for events.
- Perform standard office-related tasks including but not limited to: typing correspondence, photocopying, mailing, and filing.
- In most cases, this person will handle confidential information, which requires discretion, diplomacy, and sound judgment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Two (2) years' experience providing direct administrative support to an executive or related experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year College or University preferred. Or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must always maintain a high-level of professionalism. Provide quality customer service and represent the facility in a positive and professional manner.
- Must be driven and able to work independently at times with limited supervision, and under short deadlines
- Professional appearance and attitude are essential.
- Excellent writing, grammatical and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- High degree of organization, must be detail oriented, and possess excellent follow-through skills.
- Strong decision-making ability is important.
- Professional e-mail and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner with little supervision.
- Must be able to work under pressure while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, efficient, and meet deadlines.
- Must be accessible beyond standard business week and hours.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows Office and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed for events.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting and other activities necessary to perform job duties. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires minimal stooping and lifting, but substantial walking. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in both inside and outside environmental conditions.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Human Resources Manager: Darla Shaw
Paycom Center -- Prairie Surf Studios
One Myriad Gardens, Oklahoma City, Ok. 73102
No Phone Calls
All applicants must apply online to be considered. Applicants needing reasonable accommodations to complete the application may contact the Human Resources Office at (405) 602-8516
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.