Plumber - 13252
Monday | Feb. 28, 2022
Summary: This is manual work at the journeyman level in the installation, maintenance, and repair of plumbing and heating systems.
Work involves performance of skilled plumbing tasks in maintaining, repairing, and servicing a variety of fixtures and equipment. Routine maintenance, service, and repair work are performed independently. Assignments are normally received orally or through written work orders. Work is inspected on completion for conformity to instructions and quality of work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install, repair and maintain plumbing systems and fixtures.
- Reads blue print drawings and specifications to determine the layout of the plumbing systems, water supply networks and waste and drainage systems.
- Plan install and service plumbing systems, fixtures and piping equipment and controls.
- Work in conjunction with other trades to ensure all specifications are met.
- Identify required tools and special equipment needed.
- Maintain all building codes, installation requirements and relevant legislation.
- Administer and schedule work
- Keeps records of work and makes reports.
- Performs related work as required.
Is responsible for the direction and supervision of apprentice plumbers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM's policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- 3 years of experience as an apprentice (required to take journeyman licensing exam) AND
- Journeyman Plumber’s license.
- May spend long hours in awkward positions or outside exposed to weather elements.
- Heavy lifting up to 50lbs.
- Ability to operate tools and machinery.
- Daily standing for long periods of time.
- May be exposed to moderate to extreme noise.
- Constant standing, walking, stooping. Constant reaching, handling products.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum kinds of knowledge, skills and abilities required to this job:
- Knowledge of: water distribution and waste water disposal; relevant building codes, legislation, regulations, policies and procedures installation and maintenance.
- Skill in: ability to work cooperatively with others; analytical skills; decision making skills; effective written, verbal, presentation and listening communication skills; effective negotiation and mediation skills.
- Ability to: calculate, problem solve and apply math computations.
- Proficient computer skills including the ability to operate computerized machines and spreadsheets and input daily records; time management skills.
- Proficient in email.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Shifts vary.
- Travel negligible
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Human Resources Manager: Darla Shaw
Paycom Center – Prairie Surf Studios
One Myriad Gardens, Oklahoma City, Ok. 73102
No Phone Calls
All applicants must apply online to be considered. Applicants needing reasonable accommodations to complete the application may contact the Human Resources Office at (405) 602-8516
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.