Security Supervisor - 12074
Thursday | Sep. 30, 2021
SUMMARY -- Under the supervision of the Building Security Manager, ensures the safety of visitors and secures restricted areas. This is a full-time position that is usually scheduled to work after normal business hours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise all security personnel
- Responsible for security activity in buildings including:
- Stand guard during events. Tour post periodically to ensure safety of patrons, staff, vendors, participants and others on premises.
- Handle any disturbances or problems that arise during event or at the facility. If necessary, escort disruptive individual(s) to security office and/or off the premises.
- Write incident reports and meet with security manager to review procedures.
- Inspect alarms and fire extinguishers/sprinkler systems to ascertain they are set to operate. Report any issues to Safety Manager.
- Tour facility, examining doors, windows and gates to ensure they are secure.
- Assist with crowd control inside and outside of premises.
- Control unusual circumstances and events during fire, storms, riots and other emergencies.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations -- answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Assist departments, such as Box Office, when handling large sums of money.
- Act in a professional manner with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Document all shipping and receiving.
- Keep record of all keys, radios and other facility equipment that are signed out.
- See that every client, patron and vendor receives the best service possible.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned
- Making daily rounds of the buildings and grounds
- Screening visitors, vendors and other people on the property
- Providing emergency response as needed
- Maintaining security records, reports and inventories
- Responding to, reporting, investigating, and documenting security incidents including reviewing and storing video of incidents.
- Assist Security Manager in maintaining CCTV and Door Access systems through the service provider.
- Available to make security decision while Security Manager is not present
- Prepare detailed Incident Reports for all emergencies or serious incidents
- Understands and successfully executes his/her post orders including enforcement of client and company policies, rules and regulations
- Has a neat, professional appearance and comes to work in complete and clean assigned uniform.
- Comes to work; is on time and completes shift assignments (including overtime, if needed)
- Set exemplary professional appearance to provide benchmark for site Guards.
- Be courteous, respectful and responsive to the general public, customers and Guards.
- Project positive and confident professional image.
- Review guards reports
- Oversees documentation of deliveries
- Creates and implements procedures for all guards
- Trains guards on camera system
- Customer Service to the highest level possible
- Training and supervising security employees
- Maintain the highest standards of business ethics
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 21 years of age and have three years supervisory work experience
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Previous security supervisory experience preferred
- Proficient in use of Word, Excel and related needed programs
- Proficient in typing
- Ability to follow direction and instructions from management
This person is responsible for the hiring, training, scheduling and supervision of all building security personnel.
- Creates, trains, and implements procedures for all guards
- Trains guards on CCTV and Access Control system
- Oversees documentation of deliveries and other necessary reports
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- CLEET certification
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the state of Oklahoma.
- May spend long hours in walking or standing.
- Heavy lifting up to 50lbs.
- Ability to operate security equipment.
- May spend long periods of time viewing security monitors
- May be exposed to moderate to extreme noise.
- Manual dexterity to handle building keys and open doors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum kinds of knowledge, skills and abilities required to this job:
- Knowledge of security and safety guidelines, and of laws and regulations that affect security policies, procedures, rules and operations
- Ability to perform supervisory functions, train and evaluate performance of security personnel, schedule work assignments, and enforce security procedures, polices and rules.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to prepare, maintain and analyze records and reports.
- Ability to handle conflicts, make common sense decisions and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
- Knowledge of the facilities Emergency Response Plan and Evacuation Plan
- Knowledge of security technology, CCTV, Door Access System and security project implementation
- Skill in: ability to work cooperatively with others; analytical skills; decision making skills; effective written, verbal, presentation and listening communication skills; effective negotiation and mediation skills.
- Knowledge of NBA and G-League Security Standards
- Proficient computer skills including the ability to operate computers and security monitors
- Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Travel negligible
- Shifts vary -- Required to work any shift needed (as scheduled)
- Available to work weekends and holidays
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Human Resources Manager: Darla Shaw
Paycom Center -- Prairie Surf Studios
One Myriad Gardens, Oklahoma City, Ok. 73102
No Phone Calls
All applicants must apply online to be considered. Applicants needing reasonable accommodations to complete the application may contact the Human Resources Administrative Assistant: Courtney Gaddis at (405) 602-8517.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.