Staff Accountant - 11838
Monday | Sep. 13, 2021
Under direct supervision of the Controller – Performs the daily activities of the accounting function at the facility and other duties as required by the Controller or Finance Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Maintains detailed accounting records; performs event settlements and event income (flash) reports.
- Preparation of Food & Beverage financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Reconciles general ledger account activity, balances A/R and A/P control accounts to detail aging.
- Maintains cash balance records, reconciles cash receipts and disbursements to the general ledger.
- Performs monthly closing of the general ledgers and completes the monthly accounting cycle.
- Accounts for facility financial transactions and inputs event journal entries.
- Assists A/R and A/P clerks with coding of receipts and disbursements into the general ledger.
- Performs monthly account analysis on all general ledger accounts and prepares adjusting journal entries.
- Coordinates internal and external audits of the facility financial records
- Maintains records and audits food & beverage inventories.
- Prepares journal entries and reconciles payroll records, including benefits and general liability.
- Ensures ASM Accounting policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Works as a liaison with other facility departments to wrap up event accounting activity.
- Performs analytical reviews of facility financial data
- Other duties as assigned by Controller or Finance Director.
- Responsible for building event settlement – requiring attendance at events during events (evening, holidays or weekends)
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position has minimal supervisory responsibilities other than assisting other departmental staff accountants, if applicable or other more recently hired staff accountants. Provides assistance to accounting clerks within the department.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
- Some part-time or summer internship experience in a position with accounting responsibilities preferred, or similar combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to this job:
- Thorough knowledge of financial and cost accounting
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software
- Excellent math skills and attention to details
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff including management and clients
- Detail oriented
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- No certifications are required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS – The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific physical demands for this job include:
- Close vision for review of accounting information on a PC monitor, as well as, hard copy output.
- Manual dexterity for regular use of hands for typing and coding general ledger information is required.
- May spend long hours in sitting at computer viewing computer monitor.
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT – the working environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- May be exposed to low to extreme noise – from a normal office environment to the noise of an event being held in the facility
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have:
- Exposure to accounting and financial reporting software.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software
- Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
- Operate standard office equipment including copier, typewriter and fax machine.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Travel negligible
- Available to work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed to settle the accounting of events.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Human Resources Manager: Darla Shaw
Paycom Center – Prairie Surf Studios
One Myriad Gardens, Oklahoma City, Ok. 73102
No Phone Calls
All applicants must apply online to be considered. Applicants needing reasonable accommodations to complete the application may contact the Human Resources Office at (405) 602-8516
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.