Summary—The Paycom Center and Prairie Surf Studios is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual for the position of Senior Guest Relations and Event Security Manager with a strong emphasis on event security. The position will hire, train, and manage guest relations and event security staff to provide world class customer service to our guests, tenants, and clients. The position will oversee a department of 400 - 500 Guest Relations and Event Security personnel and provide staffing for the Oklahoma City Thunder and Oklahoma City Blue games, as well as other events scheduled at Paycom Center. This position administers the Guest Relations & Event Security functions on a full-time basis through delegation and attendance at events, often requiring work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
The ideal candidate is motivated and outgoing. They can remain calm under pressure. They are a multi-tasking, quick thinking problem solver that can adapt effectively to any situation. They enjoy leading, developing, and motivating people and can work well with a variety of personality types.
Departmental Culture: The Event Services Department is a supportive tightknit team with a what-ever-it-takes attitude. We hold ourselves to highest level of service and professionalism while maintaining a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere.
SUPERVISORY AND ADMINSTRAVTIVE RESPONSIBILITES
- Lead 400 – 500 PT employees, including Event Security, Guest Relations, and Event Security Supervisors.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training and continuously developing employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure that all Guest Relations & Event Security policies and procedures are followed.
- Complete performance appraisals as needed.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and training programs for Guest Relations & Event Security staff.
- Creates, distribute, and monitor deployment for Event Security and/or Guest Relations staff.
- Order, maintain, and monitor Guest Relations & Event Security equipment and inventory including uniforms, wands, and search equipment.
- Using ABI Mastermind ABI Mastermind TMSS Workforce Management Software system to schedule employees and create deployments.
- Ensure accurate timekeeping records and payroll is completed for all employees on time.
- Create post event reports.
- Manage lost and found.
- Create and facilitate productive, interactive, and engaging training programs for onboarding and departmental annual trainings in guest relations and event security.
- Create and maintain departmental manuals, training guides, and employee recognition programs.
- Meet with show promoters to discuss guest services and event security needs.
- Conduct pre-event briefings including event details and special requirements for GRES supervisors.
- Coordinate with Guest Relations & Event Security supervisors for sign in and release of team members.
- Responsible for overall crowd management for events.
- Assist with last minute and/or emergency patron needs.
- Ensure guests feel welcome by greeting and seating guests in the arena in a friendly, professional manner to assure a positive impression.
- Enforce all building policies and procedures during an event to assure safety and security for all.
- Manage entry lines including ticket-taking, walk-through metal detectors, and bag searches.
- Manage functionality of walk-through metal detectors, hand wands, and ticket scanners.
- Respond to and investigate incidents/inquire with witnesses on scene.
- Serve as a point of contact for patron complaints and Guest Relations Supervisors & Event Security and Representatives concerns/issues and respond in a prompt, kind, and courteous manner.
- Assist with last minute pre-event needs, such as setting up, decorating, finding materials, marking chairs, etc.
- Work in conjunction with the ADA coordinator to ensure the needs of guests with disabilities are met and ensure overall ADA guidelines are in compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Function in a team environment.
- Work closely with tenant and clients regarding their special needs and programs.
- Exhibit courteous hospitality at all times and be proactive in every area.
- Work cooperatively with all staff members.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Assist all other departments as needed.
- Maintain and enforce ASM GLOBAL appearance standards.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the supervisory and essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE
- Three - Five (3-5) years of experience in Guest Relations and Event Security
- (3-5) years in a supervisory capacity
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- No certifications are required.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
- Operate standard office equipment including copier, scanner, and fax machine.
- Experience with ABI Mastermind TMSS Workforce Management Software preferred.
- Experience with online scheduling software preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work independently, exercising sound judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, co-workers, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Ability to work well with multiple personality types.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to work well independently and able to hire, train, manage, and motivate others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills required.
- Must be able to successfully handle multiple priorities in high stress situations.
- Strong understanding of budgets and financial responsibility preferred.
- Strong training background preferred.
- Experience in crowd control management preferred.
- Experience managing queue lines walk-through metal detectors preferred.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Travel minimal.
- Available to work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS – the physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position may require working outside with exposure to extreme heat or weather conditions
- Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time including walking long distances and stairs.
- May be exposed to moderate to extreme noise during events.
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Human Resources Manager: Darla Shaw
Paycom Center – Prairie Surf Studios
One Myriad Gardens, Oklahoma City, Ok. 73102
No Phone Calls
All applicants must apply online to be considered. Applicants needing reasonable accommodations to complete the application may contact the Human Resources Office at (405) 602-8516
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.