Paycom Center Breaks Venue’s Concert Event Record
Nov 6 / Sunday
Downtown Oklahoma City’s Paycom Center hit a new record: the most concert events ever held in one year at the facility. The previous record of 29 concerts was set in 2013. This year, the NBA arena surpassed that number on Friday, November 4 with Greta Van Fleet, which was the 30th show of 2022. The venue anticipates ending the year with 37 concert events.
“Two big contributors to this success are the team booking the shows and the residents buying tickets,” said Oklahoma City Mayor David Holt. “This is a competitive business, and these shows don’t have to come to OKC. I commend ASM Global, Chris Semrau, and the arena team – as well as our community – for building a terrific reputation for our market.”
From Elton John to Kevin Hart, events included in the record-breaking number include music concerts and comedians (see a full list of 2022 events below). Not included are sporting events, family shows (such as WWE and PBR), or non-touring events. The closest previous year to the record was in 2019 with 26 concert events.
“We’ve seen the touring industry come back bigger and better than ever,” says Paycom Center General Manager Chris Semrau. “Artists are ready to return to the road and Oklahoma City has been a top market for these tours.”
Highlights from 2022 include numerous big names in the music world:
- The year’s concert lineup kicked off in January with one of the biggest tours of the year when Elton John performed for a sold-out crowd as part of his farewell tour.
- First-time headliner Morgan Wallen sells out March date.
- In June, Paycom Center hosted a full house for Andrea Bocelli’s first ever show in the state of Oklahoma.
- Kendrick Lamar launched his world tour with a sold-out show in July.
- My Chemical Romance headlined their first American arena show in over a decade with a sold-out show in August.
- Legendary rock band, Pearl Jam, which was initially scheduled pre-pandemic and spent 970 days on sale, performed a memorable sold-out show in September.
- Just recently, Oklahoma native Reba played her first-ever headlining arena show in Oklahoma City, also to a sold-out crowd.
While Greta Van Fleet officially breaks the record, Paycom Center still has several significant shows to close out 2022.
- Turnpike Troubadours will play their first arena headlining show in the state of Oklahoma to a sold-out crowd on November 12.
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra will perform on December 8 for the 28th time at the arena, solidifying their status as the artist/group to play the facility the most times.
- Luke Combs will close out his 2022 tour with not one, but two sold-out shows in-the-round on December 9 and 10 before moving on to stadiums next year.
2022 marks the arena’s 20 Year Anniversary. Since opening in June 2002, the facility has hosted over 350 touring events and millions of fans. It is also the first full calendar year of events since 2019, prior to the COVID-19 pandemic shutdown.
Comedy and concert events from 2022 include:
- Jeff Dunham / January 27
- Elton John / January 30
- JoJo Siwa / February 1
- Morgan Wallen / March 5
- Journey / March 17
- Katt Williams / March 18
- Winter Jam / March 26
- New Edition / March 27
- Korn / March 31
- Casting Crowns / April 26
- The Who / May 10
- New Kids On The Block / May 16
- Zac Brown Band / May 20
- Andrea Bocelli / June 23
- Cody Johnson / June 24
- Maverick City / July 7
- Kendrick Lamar / July 19
- James Taylor / July 21
- Kevin Hart / August 14
- My Chemical Romance / August 20
- Kevin Gates / August 23
- Pitbull / September 4
- Backstreet Boys / September 14
- Pearl Jam / September 20
- Jo Koy / September 23
- Keith Urban / September 30
- Koe Wetzel / October 1
- Reba McEntire / October 15
- Christian Nodal / October 28
- Greta Van Fleet / November 4
- R&B Music Experience / November 6
- Turnpike Troubadours / November 12
- Judas Priest / November 20
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra / December 8
- Luke Combs / December 9
- Luke Combs / December 10
- Parker McCollum / December 30
With less than two months left in 2022, Paycom Center still has several incredible concerts coming up. 2023 is also looking like a great year with shows already announced, including Oklahoma native Blake Shelton and country hit-maker Thomas Rhett, and many more to come. Stay up to date with all events at www.paycomcenter.com.